Monday 10 March 2014

Evaluation

In what ways does your media product use, develop or challenge forms and conventions of real media products?

My media product uses forms of conventions of real media products by using the horror/thriller aspect, for example in my final edit of my opening scene it shows an abandoned building where people go missing, this type of convention has been used in real life horror/thriller films in the past which is where my group got our inspiration for our production. So as well as a just focusing on the thriller side of our opening scene we wanted to include aspects of horror and the chiller sub-genres to make this more interesting for our intended audience group.

How does your media product represent particular social groups? 

My thriller opener represents the teenage college student which is what is featured in our opener as we were planning on having our target group as people around the 16-18 year old mark so that it makes it easier for people relate to the characters in the opener as they will use language that younger college people use. From our opening sequence the actors we used dressed as upper middle class which will fit with the social group of the area that we filmed at meaning that outfits or some language may not always apply to other social classes who may want to watch the film. 

What kind of media institution might distribute your media product and why?

 I think the media institution that would distribute my thriller would be Pathé because their distribution company has a range of different genre films that would interest my audience. I also think that Warner would possibly distribute my thriller as they can reach a wider audience meaning that more people would view my thriller film. 

Who would be the audience for your media product?

The audience for my thriller would be people between the ages of 16 and 21. This is because my thriller features actors around the same age and the plot line of the thriller would be more interesting to people of this age range as they seem to like thriller films that have a slight horror element to them. 

How did you attract/address your audience? 

By using actors of a similar age range will help attract the preferred audience for my thriller because the audience will relate more to actors that are playing characters that are in their age range. Having an age rage that fits my thriller will help for more people to be attracted to it because the audience like people of the similar age. 

What have you learnt about technologies from the process of constructing this product? 

From this construction process I have learned about how important lighting is in shots, as we filmed outside we had to use the natural light which could change due to clouds so we had to film sections quickly to maintain the same lighting throughout, this did cause some problems due to the area we was filming with. I also learned about how to use camera angles to enhance moments that I wanted the audience to focus on for example the camera angle used when the characters go missing. 

Looking back at your preliminary task, what do you feel you have learnt in the progression from it to the full product?   

I feel that I have learned about different camera uses from my preliminary task such as handheld camera angles and about lighting in the area of where I am filming. From what I learned during my preliminary task I could use these features from this and adapt them for use in my full production. 

No comments:

Post a Comment